Today March 8th, 2019, is the 62nd Birthday of the Vice President of Nigeria, Professor Oluyemi “Yemi” Oluleke Osinbajo.
To celebrate His birthday, here are 15 things you need to know the Vice President and Vice President-elect of the Federal Republic of Nigeria:
- Professor Yemi Osinbajo was born to the family of Opeoluwa Osinbajo on March 8, 1957, in Lagos.
- Professor Yemi Osinbajo hails from Ikenne, Ogun State, Nigeria.
- Professor Yemi Osinbajo attended Corona Primary School, Lagos.
- From 1969 to 1975, he attended the Igbobi College, Yaba, Lagos.
- Siblings: Four (3 Boys and One girl).Among whom is Akin Osinbajo, one time Attorney general and commissioner for Justice in Ogun State.
- Professor Yemi Osinbajo studied Law for his undergraduate degree at the University of Lagos between 1975 and 1978.
- Professor Yemi Osinbajo became a lecturer at the age of 23.
- From 1997 to 1999 he was made Professor of Law and Head of Department of Public Law, University of Lagos.
- Professor Yemi Osinbajo got married to the Grand-daughter of the Late Obafemi Awolowo, Dolapo in the year 1985.
- Professor Yemi Osinbajo is the father of two beautiful girls and a boy.
- He was an Adviser (legal advice and litigation) to the Attorney-General and Minister of Justice, Prince Bola Ajibola.
- From 1999 to 2007, Osinbajo was Member of Cabinet, Lagos State Ministry of Justice, also Attorney-General and Commissioner for Justice.
- He was appointed Lagos State Attorney General and Commissioner for Justice in 1999 and reappointed for a second term in 2003.
- Professor Yemi Osinbajo is not just an achiever in politics and academics but also a pastor. He is the Pastor in charge of Lagos Province 48 of the Redeemed Christian Church of God before His appointment.
- Professor Yemi Osinbajo has received so many awards including State Merit Award 1971, School Prize for English Oratory, 1972, Adeoba Prize for English Oratory 1972–1975, Elias Prize for Best Performance in History (WASC) 1973, School Prize for Literature (HSC), 1975, African Statesman Intercollegiate Best Speaker’s Prize, 1974 and the President Goodluck Jonathan conferred on Osinbajo the Grand Commander of the Order of the Niger on May 28, 2015.photo credit: Getty