With Arise TV being at the centre of the reportage of the ongoings in the nation, Desmond Elliot has been invited to the broadcasting house and has given some clarifications on his stance in the House on the social media bill.
This is coming after he received series of dragging from the youths whom he had referred to as children while he spoke for social media regulation in the Lagos State House of Assembly.
As he was sweating, giving explanations with some more apologies on National Television, here are some of the things Desmond Elliot said.
1. He stands with the youths on the #EndSARS protests, reiterating that irt is their constitutional rights, as against many politicians blaming it on joblessness and ASUU strike
2. He denied being in support of the social media regulation bill as he did in his first video where he replied Dr Olufunmilayo’s allegation.
3. He condemned the violence and killings, revealing that he has been getting death threats.
4. He admitted that he let his emotions get a better part of him while he was condemning the social media activities.
5. He then apologised for coming out wrongly.
6. He further denied calling the youths children, saying he was referring to some of the social media accounts that were cursing. He said he personally checked these accounts and saw they were really young people. He, however, said he expected the spread of love and peace and not incitation of more anarchy from celebrities and social media influencers who have massive followership. He also called for moral and civil responsibility on their parts.
7. Desmond Elliot noted that he would never do anything to jeopardise the plight of Nigerians.
Read also: Kemi Lala Akindoju, Dotun, Mr P, Other Celebrities Slam Desmond Elliot
8. He wants the Police Force to be decentralised so that every state/region would be accountable for the actions of their Police Force, as this according to him, will give the States the power which they currently do not have to control things better.
9. He revealed that the Lagos State House of Assembly is taking the Judicial Panel process seriously, though he says he doesn’t want to speak on their behalf.
10. On what he is doing for his constituency, Desmond Elliot noted that they are already gathering all the cases of his constituents, including stray bullet cases for perusal and justice.
Also Read: Grateful For Life!!! Lilian Afegbai Is Channeling Her Inner Cardi B For Her 30th Birthday Snaps